Knowing you need eye surgery can be scary. Yet, with the help of a trained ophthalmologist, you can reduce your fears and learn more about why you need eye surgery. Thanks to our ophthalmologist in Dayton, OH, we’re here to help at Kunesh Eye Center. Whether you need simple eyelid surgery or another procedure, we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Why You May Need Eye Surgery
It’s not uncommon to need eye surgery as you get older. As you age, your eyes naturally begin to deteriorate. This deterioration can lead to several problems that may need surgery to correct, including:
- Cataracts: A clouding of the eye’s natural lens. Cataracts usually form slowly, but they can eventually lead to vision problems and even blindness if left untreated.
- Glaucoma: In other words, a condition that damages the optic nerve. It typically occurs when fluid builds up in the eye, causing increased pressure. Glaucoma can lead to vision loss and even blindness if left untreated.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration: This condition causes the retina’s central portion to break down, leading to vision problems and even blindness if left untreated.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: This issue occurs when the eyes do not produce enough tears.
If you experience any vision problems, you must see our ophthalmologist immediately. Early diagnosis and treatment are essential to preserving your vision.
Types of Eye Surgery
There are many types of eye surgery, each designed to correct a specific problem. Some of the most common types of eye surgery include:
- Cataract Surgery: This procedure removes the eye’s clouded natural lens and replaces it with an artificial lens. This surgery can improve vision and reduce the risk of blindness.
- Glaucoma Surgery: This improves fluid drainage in the eye, reducing pressure and preserving vision.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration Surgery: Defined as a procedure that helps preserve vision by preventing further retina deterioration.
- Dry Eye Surgery: This surgery improves tear production and prevents vision problems. Removing certain glands can help.
Visit our Ophthalmologist for Eye Surgery in Dayton, OH
When it comes to eye surgery, you must choose an experienced ophthalmologist and eye doctor you can trust. We have years of experience helping patients with all types of eye surgery. We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan and ensure you’re comfortable with every step.
If you’re experiencing vision problems, don’t wait to get help. Instead, schedule an appointment today with our ophthalmologist at Kunesh Eye Center. Call us today at (937) 298-1703.